Pager Swatch

Information and questions about Swatch Watches. Ask it all here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Beginner
Beginner
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:40 am
I have a black swatch that comes with a little pager. Can anyone help identify?
Peace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:25 am
Hi Gonzo,

there are several black Swatch Pagers.

Can you post a picture? Than we can tell you the name and ref. No.

cheers
always-surprising.com
check out our website for a swatch chronology, pictures of swatch watches, bijoux & events and infos about swatch
Beginner
Beginner
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:22 am
Thanks for the response. I will take a photo and try to post it in the next few days. Meanwhile I can describe it to you. It is large sized like an older chrono and its all black with gold roman numerals on the cristal. The hands are gold and it has several horizontal gold bars on the inside of the cristal. The leather band is also black as is the pager. Its quite ugly.
Peace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:38 pm
Hi,

there are at least 2 like your describtion ;)

I will tell you the Name & No. after the picture.

cheers
always-surprising.com
check out our website for a swatch chronology, pictures of swatch watches, bijoux & events and infos about swatch
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:32 pm
Here is the picture of Gonzos Swatch:

cheers
always-surprising.com
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:36 pm
And if told before, here is the name:

"Secret Service - PAT 102 from 1991" :D

cheers
always-surprising.com
Beginner
Beginner
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:42 am
here are some more questions. :?:
The battery is good but the watch is not working.
Is it because it has to have the pager activated?
How does the pager work?
Like I said, this is the ugliest Swatch I have. Does it have any value as a collectible?
I have the instructions but they are in German French and Italian. I would appreciate English or Spanish instructions. Ha ha.
Peace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:37 pm
Hi,

I don't know how it is the the USA, but in Germany the Pager doesn't work anymore. The net was shoutdown some years ago, becuase everybody have a cellphone :?
If you need the insturctions realy, mail me a good readable picture of the german part and I will write you the important things in english.

In the first Pagers was 2 batterys, that might be the Problem. If I remember right, Jeroen had posted some pictures of it anywhere here, but I can't find it in the moment :( I'm realy sorry for that. :roll:

The value: Since the pager dosn't work anymore (at least here), the pager swatches are not so popular. The price depends on the model and if it is new or worn. Yours looks new and come in the original box, wich is not so often, so it is one of the better ones, but the price will for sure be a lot under the retail price. The pagers on ebay starts at 10-15 Euros.

cheers
always-surprising.com
Beginner
Beginner
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:16 pm
Surprising;
You have answered a lot of my doubts. :idea:
This Swatch is like a bad child in a big family. everyone else is working except for this one. I took it to my local watch store and the man told me that the battery was working but I dont think he knew about the 2 batteries. Can you tell me a little more about that. Where does the 2nd battery go?
If I can get it to work I will offer it for swapping or put it on e-bay.
Peace

Silver Member
Silver Member
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:42 pm
dear Gonzo
your question has come up before on thisw forum

if you select GENERAL
then go to "sticky": swatch picture quiz
turn to page 11 and 12

the subject for the pager swatch (Swatch the Beep, as it was called)
is in question 29 of march 5th

first they wanted to know the id-number of the batteries for The Beep,
then Jeroen demonstrated (in pictures) how to replace the second battery.

I do stress the point that only the first series had 2 batteries, later ones had only one big flat battery

you'll find the pictures and instructions very enlightning

regards haes
Beginner
Beginner
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:43 am
I will go straight there.
Peace
Beginner
Beginner
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:21 am
One of the things I love about Swatches is that they are virtually maintenance free and you can just use a big old screwdriver to change the battery.
My Ugly Duckling always behaves differently however. I had to go all over the house looking for a little screwdriver I could not find one so I hammered one end of a paper clip made one. I then followed Jeroen's instructions and took it apart like surgeon using a steak knife. Sure enough there is the famous second battery!!! I will never trust the man at the watch store again.
In typical Ugly Duckling fashion, it has a CR 927 and I only have 329's 321's and 390's. I will get a 927 tomorrow. I will let you know if it comes back to life.
This all brings me to another question. The photo Jeroen posted is obviously of a functioning pager with a little screen that reveals the phone number. How do I read a page on my model? It has no screen. Arrrg!
Thanks for the advise. Gonzo
Peace
Beginner
Beginner
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:18 am
I had to special order the battery for this one and it finally got here. As soon as I put it in, the watch began to work. Another working Swatch in my collection. Thanks for the help. :D
Peace

Return to Identify My Swatch