Identification

Information and questions about Swatch Watches. Ask it all here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:17 am
Hi everybody,

A friend of mine who found an old Swatch would like to know from which collection it belongs and what is the value? I put my request here because I didn't find anything about this watch on the Swatchclopedia :o . The case and the strap are black, the minutes/hours and seconds hands are black the dial looks as a mirror and the logo Swatch is written in blue.
Could someone of you help me?
Thank you and kind regards,
Dimedusa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:48 pm
dimedusa wrote:A friend of mine who found an old Swatch would like to know from which collection it belongs and what is the value? I put my request here because I didn't find anything about this watch on the Swatchclopedia :o . The case and the strap are black, the minutes/hours and seconds hands are black the dial looks as a mirror and the logo Swatch is written in blue.
Could someone of you help me?
Thank you and kind regards,
Dimedusa

This looks like a GN101 from 1983 but with a black case. Are you sure that the case is not (dark) blue?

Otherwise, it is a so far unknown variant / prototype which would be quite rare!

Can you post bigger pictures of the front and the back of the watch? (case only)
What are the numbers on the back of the watch (production code / country code)?
http://swatch.home.pages.de All the latest news and infos from the world of swatch watch collecting!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:01 pm
The case and hands are really black, I have sent him an email asking the numbers which are on the back case. The watch was used as you can see on the pictures here below (strap), but the case is in mint condition.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:05 pm
Here is the 1st picture in its original size. Hope it can help, for the moment it is all what I get :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:56 pm
I have some news, the strap get 7 holes and the numbers on the back case are "683" :? is it a prototype?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 am
look here on this link for your swatch

http://www.squiggly.com/swatch/p/product/i/549

good luck
jeroen
Dr Swatch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:29 pm
ok, thank you a lot Jeroen

At the end my friend told me that the real colour is dark blue, he doesn't see correctly the colours anymore :shock: , so it is a GN 101. What is the value for a watch which was worn?

Return to Identify My Swatch